Before I married my wife, I had been married to my job. I don't think it's bigamy. The contracts I signed are two different kinds. The former expires come my retirement, the latter, till death do as part. I'm very much committed to both, and they are my major preoccupations.
Maybe because I practically matured in UMak that is why I stick it out here. Unlike in my previous jobs, I've worked with the "grassroots" here, so to speak. The students, my co-workers, everything in the workplace has made me known "reality". It is here I realized that there is no perfect situation. I was so idealistic in my earlier jobs, but here I have grown more adaptive. I have learned that the jobs we take are just instruments to mold us into the kind of person we want to be. They teach us values for the lives we touch and relationships we establish which becomes our values as teachers. Thanks God, he led me to UMak.
As regards my married life; it has just been for seven years now; quite short, considering our age. We are one of those, typical of teaching profession, who, so to speak, almost missed the "last trip". Admittedly, I had long given up to settle down until I fancy met my wife. I was "love- struck" when I saw her. I had waited for so long for a partner in life; so when I met her, in just few dating I have decided to marry her. It was kind of a whirlwind romance.
Eveything happening very fast, our fate seems making up for the lost years. In just few months we spent waiting, my wife got pregnant. It was one of the most wonderful gift I have ever received in my life. Knowing that I will be a father soon was the most exciting experience that I've ever had. Something that I knew comes from our God, with a message that He is entrusting us his creation. Our son is five years old now and everyday inspiring us to be responsible parents.
Even if we are busy parenting, we still find time to have social life. My wife and I are both actively involved with our respective high school alumni association. From time to time, we go out either on our own or sometimes together to attend alumni homecomings. We keep our circle of friends which becomes our way of socialization. These kinds of involvement we value because they serve as diversion with the humdrum of everyday life.
I know I have just shown you a preview of my world. For now, that is just I could offer. I hope that I have somehow introduced myself to you. My life is simple and I want to keep it that way. Simple life is happier.
No comments:
Post a Comment